Saturday, October 13, 2007

Thea Thursdays-Story Boarding

OK I am two days late, but better late than never. So this week is about setting small goals to achieve, in order to keep us motivated. So far I have lost 13 pounds by just changing my eating habits. Ideally I would love to start running again. I loved running in high school and college-although I was never a fast runner, although at on time I could run a mile in under six minutes-I enjoyed being outside and inhaling the fresh air as I ran. But it has been seven years since I ran-except for one embarrassing run around the short track about a year ago. Yes the short track-that means it wasn't even 1/4 of a mile long.

As far as the eating I've done really well this week-I haven't had much of an appetite so I have been struggling to get in at least 1200 calories a day. Last night I had two slices of pizza and my total calorie intake was only 1152 calories. I know I have to keep my calorie intake above 1200 in order to keep my body from going into starvation mode, and as I am still nursing my 10 week old I really need to stay above 1200. So I'll need to work on that-go figure-I actually NEED to eat more-who woulda thunk it?

Sleep-well that doesn't come easy these days. My 10 week old went to bed last night about 10pm and she slept until 4:30am. You would have thought I'd gotten a great nights sleep-WRONG. I laid in bed for at least 30 minutes trying to get to sleep-but my mind was racing. So I got up-my mom always told me if I couldn't sleep to clean. With all the sleepless nights I've been having you would think my house would be spotless. And if I'd stay away from the computer and the blogging world it could be. So anyway, I know I need to try to get more sleep each night-better said than done around here.

1. Eat at least 1200 healthy calories daily

2. Walk/jog at least 3 times weekly in order to build back up to running

3. Try to get more sleep

So here is my story board. I know with these small changes the weight will continue to disappear.

No comments: