Sunday, December 19, 2010

IT'S BAKING DAY!!!

Today my family and friends are getting together to bake Christmas sweets!! I got an early start yesterday while my 2 little ones were napping and my older one was visiting his cousins. I figured with everyone coming over I would go ahead and get my baking started, plus I wanted to bake some sweets for their teachers and it just wouldn't be nice to bake and not share with my guests....LOL.

So everyone is coming over after noon today. I have taco soup in one crock pot and I am trying white bean chicken chili in another crock pot. I have had it a couple times with my bunco group, but I have never made it myself. So we shall see how it turns out.

Starting off this morning I am making "pretzel turtles . Someone made them this week at work and they are just delish!! Very easy too. Here is the recipe I got offline, but who needs a recipe?! They are so easy!!


Ingredients

* 20 small mini pretzels
* 20 chocolate covered caramel candies
* 20 pecan halves

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
3. Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

No comments: