Monday, November 17, 2008

Recycled crayons

Well I am a recycling nut!! I am so bad about keeping anything and everything thinking there must be another purpose for it or some way to reuse or recycle it. Problem is I am not creative enough to think of things on my own. But here is a supper great idea I found at this cute little website Chica and Jo. Very cute idea!

Now they took it a few steps further than I did. I simply peeled crayons and then broke them into pieces and placed them in small circle muffin pans. Then melted them in the oven and placed them in the freezer for a few hours. I sorted mine by color-but next I might try the multi-colored ones shown on this website. I'll also have to check out the dollar stores and clearance racks for cute little shaped trays.


Here are my crayons about broken and peeled..


and here is the finish product...


Yes the peeling of the crayons took some time-but I work at a daycare so playing with crayons kinds fits into my job description!!! Very fun project that will probably result in some very cute gift ideas for my kids daycare classes this year! I better get busy melting crayons!!

No comments: