Monday, January 14, 2013

Sea Salt Detox

I first heard of the sea salt detox from someone at work.  She said she had done it and it worked great.  It's suppose to clean the toxins out of your system.  Hmmm. That sounds easy enough.  You mix two tablespoons of sea salt with 64 ounces of lukewarm water.  EW!   Who can drink 64 ounces of water at one time? That alone made my stomach churn. 

Well I have been in a slump this weekend.  I started my Atkins diet January 2nd. I have done great so far, losing 6 pounds the first week. Then last week I lost 2 pounds-BOO! THis weekend however, I gained a pound back.  I haven't changed my diet or even cheated the least little bit.  Only thing I can figure is I have had to many diet drinks: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet A&W!  So Saturday I attempted to limit my caffeine.  Well before I could even get to Sonic at 3:45 in the afternoon I already had a killer caffeine withdrawal headache.  I drank about half of it on the way home, took 800mg of motrin and had to get in the bed.  My head hurt so bad I thought I was going to be sick.  I wasn't in the bed 30 minutes and it was gone. Crazy. Any way...I digress. 
So I was bummed about not losing more weight, so I thought I'd give the detox a try this morning. Omg! It's just as bad as I thought.  Who can drink 2 liters of water? Add in sea salt and that just makes it even worse.  I didn't even get the entire thing down and I was throwing it up. UGH! 
So I began to do more research. Mainly I wanted to know when I could eat or drink again after drinking that awful concoction.  Come to find out there is one website that says to drink 64 ounces and one that says 32 ounces WHAT!? That is a BIG difference. 
Anyway, it did state that I can eat light, meaning soup and salad. 
No chance I will be trying this again, EVER!!!!

No comments: