Monday, October 12, 2015

Camping



The kids and I had a GREAT time camping this weekend. Keith was working so I went solo with the kids. We were suppose to be camping with AHG this weekend but that got postponed.  We have been planning for months so I couldn't let down the kids. So we went anyway!

I had taken Friday off so we headed out after lunch. We set up camp and the kids rode their scooters. We found a geocache on a trail. We played at the park. Jacob and I almost ran out of matches trying to get the fire going for dinner.  I had prepared hamburger patties but 2 out of 4 of them crumbled, so we had tacos and hamburgers for dinner. 

For breakfast Saturday I had prepared some egg and cheese burritos. They were decent. The kids had pop tarts and brownie muffins. 

For lunch we had sandwiches and lunchables- I forgot the hotdogs. The kids ride scooters all day, we found another geocache and a treasure box. A treasure box is a special geocache that requires a little bit of "orienteering". Which is great because we are working on a badge for AHG with orienteering. I've never heard of it before but it was a lot of fun! We also visited both playgrounds again and gathered more firewood. 

We stayed busy most of the weekend but I do wish I had brought the kayaks.   We will have to bring them next time. 

We had a great time and look forward to our next trip!!












No comments: