Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Eleven pounds in eleven days


Eleven pounds in eleven days.  Not too bad, but I'm still bummed about it.  I lost ten pounds the first week and one the second week. One!  What?!


I started Atkins again two weeks ago. It's my go to diet and has been for years. Info so well when I'm on it, the problem is sticking to it. I'm trying to cut back on carbs and fat while increasing lean protein. It's not an easy task. 

I cut out sodas 56 days ago! I went cold turkey and quit my daily vanilla diet dr pepper from Sonic. This may not seem to be a noteworthy accomplishment? But for me, I assure you it is a great accomplishment. I've also stopped drinking Poweraid Zero. I'm drinking mostly water and a Propel here and there. I've also started drinking green tea this week. 

For those that don't know I've been having pain in my upper right abdomen. It started over three years ago when I was walking the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk, 60 miles in 3 days. 

The pain  comes and goes mostly striking when I've been on my feet for an extended amount of time. It can be 30 minutes of cleaning house or three hours of work. There hasn't been any consistency. For a time I stopped drinking vanilla diet dr pepper and that seemed to solve the problem. But soon the pain returned and I began visiting Sonic again in a regular basis. 

I've had X-rays and a CT scan but nothing has been found. 

I'm hoping I can stick to a healthy diet and lose some weight (ok a lot of weight) and maybe the pain will resolve itself. 


No comments: