Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Healthy eating

I've tried many many diets and most of them worked. The trouble I have is sticking with a plan. After a few weeks or months I slip back into old, bad habits. 

The most success I ever had was with Atkins after JoAnna was born. I did it for a couple of months, then the holidays hit. But right after the holidays I got back on track and lost more weight. I lost a total of 50 lbs.  I was only 38 lbs from my "I'd be happy with that" weight and about 58 lbs from my "I'd love to be, but it's probably not likely" weight. 

Today, sadly I am 125 lbs from my "I'd be happy with that" weight. Yes, I have wasted years and years of my prime being heavily over weight. I look back and think of all the things I would have liked to have done, but couldn't. 

I recently posted this on FB ....

... my answer would be STAY ACTIVE AND EAT HEALTHIER.  Even in college playing soccer I somehow gained weight, a good bit of weight. Even though I was very active my food choices were awful.  After college I continued  to gain weight and my activity level dropped. Not a good combination. 

As I sat down this year to make my "40 before 40" list I realized there were several things I wanted to accomplish but couldn't if I remain in my current shape. 

I'm working on a healthier lifestyle. I've cut out my most favorite drink, a Sonic vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper. For years I had one or more everyday!  

I started keeping track of my food also. I can see where I need to make changes. 


It's going to take time and dedication, but I'm worth it. My children are worth it, they need their mom to be healthy and active and not exhausted all the time. 



No comments: