Thursday, June 28, 2007

Too Hot for Sno Biz Lines


JP and I went to the park today about 4pm. Yes we waited too late in the day to go to the park but that's the first thing he said when he woke up from his nap-"go to park". Which I had mentioned this morning and intended on doing early in the day before it go too hot. But we got busy playing with his trains and ran didn't get to the park before naptime.

So I thought of a well shaded park in the area and off we went. We arrived to a parking lot full of day care buses (well only three but they took up half the parking lot). These kids had to be 7-10 years old-which can only spell disaster!! But I decided to tackle it anyway. JP lasted about 30 minutes and he was ready to go home. At one point I had to jump up and grab him-apparently he was trying to get away from the big kids and since the big kids were up by the slide and on the stairs he decided to escape through a hole which was about 4 feet from the ground. Luckily I caught a glimpse his little Thomas the Train shoes coming through the hole just as I was passing by and was able to help him down.

After leaving the park I thought what a great time to get a sno cone. BIG mistake. We got out of the vehicle and up to the window, only to discover the guy in front of us had ordered 10 snocones!! But you can't tell a 2.5 year old the wait is too long-and I certainly cannot deny my craving for a snocone..so we waited and waited and waited. We stood in line for 30 minutes in the blazing hot sun before getting out snocones. Needless to say the wait for the snocone was much more draining than the 30 minutes we spent at the park.

No comments: