Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Third Day Woes

Well things did not go so well this morning. From the time J woke up this morning he repeatedly said " I don't want to go to school". I tried to convince him he would have fun today because his class was going swimming. Although he hasn't been swimming in two years and doesn't like water in his face I thought the idea might make him feel better about coming to school. It didn't.

So we pull up in the parking lot, J immediately says, "I don't want to go to school, it's not fair!!". I have to make him get out of the car-I won't share the threat I made but it got him moving. We dropped baby girl off first-and she cried. I handled it well-just kept walking. But as soon as I got back in the hallway J was crying-he didnt want to go to school. I walked him to his room and again tried to convince him he'd have fun since they were swimming-but then his teacher explained that since he is not full potty trained he would not be allowed to go swimming in a "swim diaper". Well it didn't bother J too much since he didn't want to be there anyway. So I sat in a chair and put him in my lap-the entire time he is clinging to me for dear life. His teacher eventually had to pry him off of me. I left the room in tears and cried all the way to my office.

Broke my heart!

No comments: