Saturday, November 14, 2009

Domesticated

This morning the in laws called and wanted to take the older kids on a little outing-so I gladly got them dressed, fed and a bag packed and sent them on their way. I still had baby boy with me but I did get a few things done. I started out the day by making cupcakes for Jacob's class as Monday is his birthday. There is a boy in his class allergic to milk so I made Weight Watcher's cupcakes. Mixed a diet soda with a box of cake mix. I then used a little gadget-an icing dispenser- to swirl on the icing. I've had the gadget about eight years and have never used it. They turned out really cute.

Later while blogging I found a recipe for chicken strips/nuggets. Using Ritz crackers, mayo and mustard. I am not much for the mustard and mayo but I figured I'd give it a try. They turned out good-although I can taste the mustard and mayo-I will have to use something else next time.

I am also trying out a new roast recipe tonight. I usually put the roast in the crock pot and pour diet soda over it. But today I had beef broth on hand so I used it. It did come out tender but had no flavor. So I found this new recipe online and will have to see how it tastes tonight.

No comments: