Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weight Loss Journey

Well I started Monday on Atkins. I did so well on in back in the spring of 2008 that I decided to start off with it to get some of this baby weight off. I started back in the fall of 2007 one month after my second child was born, and lost 50 lbs by her first birthday. However, a month before her birthday I went back to work, and from there it was down hill. I gained 20 lbs in 5 months and then got pregnant and gained 43 more lbs YIKES!! So here I am ten weeks after baby #3 and I am still 52 lbs heavier than I was when I started my job in July of '08.

My goal: to be back to my "pre-job weight" by baby #3's birthday. So that is roughly 10 months to lose 52 lbs. Surely I can lose 5 lbs a month, right?! And wouldn't it be great to lose more than that! To get to my ultimate goal weight, I'd have to lose a total of 105! wow-that is a lot!!

The plan: my plan is to do Atkins but stick with more low fat meats, which is closer to the South Beach Diet. I also plan on doing Wii Active workouts. I bought Active a few weeks ago and have only done the workout once-but it was great. It was a little tough for a first time workout but it was good. So I need to get started on the 30day challenge workout.

I need to get a before picture up, and then hopefully I will be able to update it monthly. That will surely keep me motivated.

No comments: