Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Week of School

We have had our share of bumps this week.  I am so torn between taking my soon to be 3 year old to preschool (which is free for me since I work in the afterschool program) or keeping him at home with us.

Pro Stay at Home:
  1. I want him home with me
  2. I want to be the one to take care of him
  3. I want to be the one to teach him (although our teachers are excellent)
  4. I want to be able to love on him all day
  5. I don't want him at daycare 8-+ hours a day. (I would have to take him before 9am so that he doesn't miss class time and so that it doesn't interrupt the middle of our day. Its a 15 min. drive one way to daycare-so it'll take @45 min. out of our day)
  6. He won't be this age forever and I don't want to miss this age-it's my favorite age
Cons to Staying Home:
  1. He is at the clingy stage and likes to be with me constantly
  2. He tends to be a little fussy when I am giving my attention to the other two
  3. I have to be at work at 1pm which is in the middle of naptime-so if I keep him home he has to get to daycare before his class goes down for nap at 11:45-which puts a time crunch on our day. 
So I am torn and undecided.  We have tried it both ways this week.  I took him to school by 9am this morning and I got so much done with the two older ones, but I felt guilty taking him.  He also fussed all the way to school saying he wanted to stay home.  Broke my heart.  The other three days this week I have kept him home and he has done well.  He plays mostly but I have been able to get him to do a little school work with us.  

No comments: