Friday, August 17, 2012

Komen 3day

I have been training for the Susan G. Komen 3day.  It's an event to raise money for breast cancer.  We walk 60 miles in 3 days and camp out in pink tents for two nights.  It's going to be AMAZING!

However, my training hasn't been so great.  I had been walking with my mom, sister and a friend.  I took the last month off.  Not on purpose, I was just too tired to walk in this crazy heat.

Two days ago I was awake at 5a.m., so I decided to get up and walk.  I walked 4 miles in an hour and five minutes!   Best timing ever for me.  I felt it later for sure.  That afternoon my knees were sore, next morning my ankles, back and quads were sore.  This morning I wake up and my left foot hurts.  I am OLD.  I am only 34 and I feel 80. Everything hurts. I can't bend my knee, can't squat, or get up from the floor easily.  It sucks!

Anyway, I tried walking this morning, to walk THRU the pain.  As soon as I left the driveway it started lightning.  I thought maybe its heat lightning, or it'll pass.  No.  The more I walked the worse it got.  I don't play with lightning.  So I came home.  I walked a half a mile.  Not impressive, but maybe it was enough to work out some of the soreness.

No comments: