Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sewing project

I have been taking a sewing class every other Wednesday night at church.  We started off making busy mats for Alzheimer's patients.  Now we are starting to make gowns for the Children's hospital.

So getting  little brave I bought a pattern and some fabric to attempt to make an outfit for JoAnna.  It took me three hours! Wow. 

The next morning I showed my lovely creation to JoAnna.  I got exactly the response I knew I would get from her, " I am NOT wearing THAT!"  Yep, she is into "sassy" clothes, not cute. I did make her try them on when we got home and she loved them. Even wanted to wet them to her heritage girls meeting. So I had to search high and low for a shirt to match. 

They still need a few adjustments in the waist and they are far from perfect, but not too bad for my first time, I think anyway!


No comments: