Saturday, August 29, 2015

Time to get serious!!

Most people start diets on Monday, but for me, Saturday is easier. I have two days at home without all the temptations at work. You would think working at a daycare there wouldn't be too many temptations, but there is the candy, the kitchen full of snacks for the week, then the church has Wednesday night dinner with dessert, which I have to walk past several times every Wednesday!! So yes we have plenty of temptations!

My family is planning a cruise next year, what better motivation to lose weight AND get into shape. It's past time. I was an athlete my entire childhood thru college. People that didn't know me then find that hard to believe when they find out. 

I have no problem losing weight. Everything I've ever tried has worked: Weight Watchers, Atkins, the peanut butter diet, Advocare 24 day challenge, slim fast, The 1,000 calorie diet, I even stopped eating bread and potatoes for a month once in high school and lost 20 pounds. The problem is sticking with it.   After a few months I slip back into bad habits. 

I don't know how to stay motivated but I have got to find something that works. Maybe posting here will help, although nobody reads this blog. I have a LOT of weight to lose. I don't think I'll ever truly be happy until I lose it. 

If I go by all the charts I need to lose 150 pounds to be at a healthy weight. That's more than I weighed when I started college!!!   I'd be happy to lose 125, but that is stiil a lot of weight!! 

So to start it off right here is my breakfast for today...



I'm still struggling to find the right balance between low carb, high protein and low fat. I know low carb definitely is the way to go for me but I also don't want to overload on fat like the Atkins diet allows. I also want to eat more "clean". Low carb, low fat and clean on the go takes LOTS of planning ahead. 

So here is to a great start and hopefully a long successful journey!!!

No comments: