Monday, July 16, 2007

Menu Plan Monday-July 16


OK here is a little something I think I'll share on my blog. There is a blog I visit about organizing. And one of the things she does is a weekly menu. Well I usually sit down and plan my menus for an entire month-Monday-Friday only. I make out a "master" list of what I will need for each week and keep it on my fridge. I also keep a running grocery list on the fridge of anything we might run out of so my husband and I can just jot everything down. On Friday I'll pull the "master" list and double check what items we have on hand and add the items we need to the running grocery list. Shopping on Fridays also helps me prepare for those extra items we need if we are expecting company-which we frequently have!

My husband is an extremely picky eater so soups and "mooshy" stuff is out. So we do eat a lot of meat at our house.

Lately I've been trying a lot of freeze ahead menus and doubling some recipes and freezing half. Trying to make menu planning and cooking a little easier since we are expecting another baby soon. Monday's are usually very easy since I usually forget to plan ahead and set out our meat/meals for thawing.

So here is my menu for the week:

Monday: Chicken strips & fries (frozen)
Tuesday: Chicken Primavera
Wednesday: Ham & Potatoes with a vegetable
Thursday: Baked Ziti (already made in the freezer)
Friday: Poppy seed chicken (already made in the freezer)

Nothing really new for us this week. However I've never frozen baked ziti or poppy seed chicken for future use so we will see how they turn out.

3 comments:

Candace said...

your menu sounds good to me. i love the link the chicken primavera sent me to. Have a good week and congrats on the baby on the way!

Sandra said...

Great menu, thanks for sharing!

♥Sandra♥

Tyla'sMommy said...

I am terrible at meal planning, mostly because it is just the 2 of us and with opposite schedules too. sometimes we just change our minds about what we want. I do want to get into meal planning though.... I need more frozen (homemade) meals. I would love to swap recipes with you. We(hubby and I) love trying new recipes.