Monday, October 15, 2007

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. On this day 16 months ago we lost our baby girl-Hope. The months that followed her loss were some of the hardest of my life. Even when we were blessed with another pregnancy five months later, mixed emotions of happiness and fear made for a long emotional nine months. I am happy to say our third baby was born healthy-although those first few days were bittersweet-embracing our new baby and remembering the baby I never held. I miss her dearly. I long for the day I will see her again in heaven.

Please remember to think and pray for those that have lost babies during pregnancy and infancy. It is ok to talk with them about their babies months and years after their loss, it helps keep their babies memory alive and lets them know you care and recognize their baby.

2 comments:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Hi thanks for posting this...You and I are in similar stages in life...I have 2 children, DearDaughter1 who will be 2 years old in November and DearDaughter2 who just turned 12 weeks old...You had mentioned in your comment to me, We've Got Enough Love to Go Around, that one of your greatest struggles is finding enough time for your 2 year old. Your words so echoed my struggle and I let DearHubby read your comment just to let him know that my struggle is real. Well, I was trying to do everything myself and I finally employed the help of DearHubby. I hadn't been getting much help from him because our house is under construction and he's doing all the work himself, so I asked him to give me Tuesday nights where he would watch the girls while I catch up on house chores, 1 Saturday a month, and then he would go grocery shopping with me. By employing his help even in those small time slots, he has helped greatly free up my time to spend with my almost 2 year old. Anyway, thanks for visiting me...I was very encouraged to know that I'm not alone...You are also not alone in your loss. I had actually forgotten that DearDaughter2 was my 3rd pregnancy. I had a miscarriage in 2004. I was about 7-8 weeks along. Though I wasn't very far into the pregnancy, it was still a heart wrenching experience because it was my first pregnancy and DearHubby and I were really excited about it. When DearDaughter1 was born, we put "grace" as part of her name because by God's grace, He sustained her life and gave her as a precious gift to us. Anyway, I could go on an on...Thanks for the encouragment!!!

Ter said...

((Hugs))

Thinking of Hope and all the other babies....