Monday, May 19, 2008

Weigh In Day #1 on Atkins

Today was my first weigh in day after a week of doing my version of Atkins. Atkins, as most everyone knows, is based on low carbs, but I am also watching fat and calories. Yes that limits my variety but I know a lot of fat isn't good. After two weeks I can start taking in more carbs and I'll go from there.

Anyway...drum roll please........... I lost 6 pounds this week!!!! I am stoked! I know it's the first week and it'll taper off but I am excited about it. Four more pounds and I'll be where I was before I got pregnant with my first child!!

So this week is week two and on Atkins that means sticking with 20 grams of carbs-which I have yet to accomplish-but I think I am staying in a healthy range of about 25-35 grams per day. I also plan on joining the gym this week. That will surely help boost my energy and weight loss.

No comments: