Monday, January 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 1/14/08



My menu did not go as planned last week either. My problem was also getting things thawed in time to prepare dinner. So this week should be a breeze to come up with since I have so many menus from last week. I am doing alright with the weight loss-still only losing 1-2 pounds a week. Which I know is good but I miss the 4-5 pound losses per week.

I got a surprise in the mail Friday. My very own copy of the Weight Watchers 5 ingredients 15 minutes cookbook, thanks to my in laws! So now I can rate each recipe and mark the ones I've tried and the ones I want to try! Also the 2008 version of the cookbook, which I ordered from ebay, has arrived at the post office. So we will be making a trip to the post office today to retrieve it-cannot wait to see what new recipes are in the new edition!

So here is our menu for the week-as of today. I am doing a little better about adding more fruits and veggies to my diet. I am trying to cut out some carbs-mostly during my lunch and dinner meals. I cannot cut them completely I just love them too much. I do need to start using some of my freezer meals. So this week I'll be using some of the ham and a bag of soup. No weight watchers recipes for this week. But the broccoli cheddar soup recipe came from the "Fix it and Forget it Lightly cookbook" and it is delish!

Monday: Salad and potatoes
Tuesday: Hamburgers, baked fries and salad
Wednesday: Chicken Roll ups and veggies
Thursday: Ham (in the freezer) and veggies
Friday: Broccoli cheddar soup (in the freezer) and sandwiches

1 comment:

tiffany said...

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the encouragement this morning. Your tally of weight loss on the sidebar is very helpful to me. Wednesday is my 2 week weigh in day and although I lost 7 the first week, this week is looking more like 2 and I was feeling discouraged but when I see your weeks of 0-1 and then it picks back up, it reminds me that I just have to STICK TO IT. :) And way to go on -28 overall! That is huge progress. :)