Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Being Creative

Well my "craft room" is an absolute disaster at this right now so I haven't really been able to get into some of the projects I really want to complete this year. So tonight I grabbed a few things and went to the kitchen. It's terrible to have a room dedicated to my crafts and not be able to enjoy it-my project for this weekend is to organize my craft room! Hmm, not sure if I can get that done in just ONE weekend. Might have to send the hubby AND the kids to the in laws for the entire weekend!!! MIght be a plan!!

So here is what I worked on tonight....everything is still a work in progress-waiting for the Modge Podge to dry.

First thing I started was a photo plate. In this tutorial she uses fabric, but since I didn't have any cute fabric on hand, I used some wallpaper that was given to me. It is beautiful wallpaper but after I modge podged it onto the plate I really didn't like the way it went with my photo-guess I should have taken a closer look before I started. Oh well. In the pictures are my three children on the right and my niece on the left. Think I will go back and add "Grandchildren" in there and possibly give it to my mom.



Second item I started was a pencil holder. I am making it to hold Valentine pencils so I am using Valentine paper and ribbon. Will add photo once I am done.


Thirdly I decided to use some of the leftover wallpaper to make a few pendants for necklaces.


So as soon as they dry and I can add the finishing touches (hopefully tomorrow night!!!) I will come back and add some photos.

I have so many projects I want to try to get done this year, like THIS! Wow! I have seen the crayon cozy before but never thought to use it for MY markers!!! Hmm. looks like a great teacher gift too-might have to get busy making some for my kids teachers!

No comments: