Friday, January 29, 2010

Being Crafty while the kids are away

Well I met my mom Wednesday night and sent the two older kids home with her for five days!!! I will meet her again Sunday night to pick them up. Its been 3 weeks since we have seen her so her and the kids are having withdrawals.

So tonight I actually got some crafty things done!! I still have big plans for the next day and a half-but here is what I have done so far....

First off a bow holder for baby girl. I have finally learned how to make them and she loves wearing them, so I had to come up with something to hold them. I had this photo board in the garage that we haven't used since we moved. So I recovered it and whala!!! It is so cute! I also have wooden initials I hope to decorate this weekend and get hung before she comes home!!! This will be great since her walls are absolutely bare at the moment!!
BEFORE


AFTER


Second thing I did was very simple. I found these candle holders at the Dollar Tree and glued them together. I saw this on another website and wanted to try it myself. They turned out cute. Here I just filled them with Valentine foam hearts just for the picture.

BEFORE


AFTER


Next thing I will work on is probably baby girl's initials. Hopefully tomorrow I will get busy on organizing my craft room-right now I am having to work on the kitchen counter-because my craft table is full of STUFF!!!

No comments: